The Shapeshifters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shapeshifters Forums

New worlds await you...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Writing Contest #1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 6:02 pm

The Goal

What you have to do is write a short story about your favorite cartoon/ video game character! It can be about Sonic, Spyro, even Naruto! Whichever suits you best. You need to write atleast a paragraph (4-5 sentences). It can be longer if you wish. You can make the story about a problem your characters go through, or just a plain weird story! (ex: Aliens invade Earth and it's up to _____ to save the world.)

Acceptences

The only way for your story to be accepted in this contest is it has to:

1. Be PG-13
2. Hardly any cursing. If you do curse, please you *'s.
3. Use the correct puncuation and capitilization. (It's alright if you make a few mistakes ^^)
4. It has to be about a real character! You may mix it up and see through your own character's eyes, but make sure you use a real character!

Extra/ Review

Pictures are allowed!
Fan Characters are allowed! (Please read Acceptence Rule #4)
Can be about any character as long as it's real.
There are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards. (Probably a banner to put in your sig, or a small medal... you will get something!)
There are also "Special Mentions" for some stories.
I WILL NOT be in this contest (FYI). I will be judging.
This is like a practice contest.... sorta. I'm going to see how this will work out before we do any major contests.

HAVE FUN! Very Happy

Last edited by Tsunami_Ryuu on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Number of posts : 3569
Activities : Admin
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Registration date : 2008-10-24

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:58 pm

ooh goody goody goody!
I have two questions, though. 1: Where do we post our story? 2: When you say real, do you mean a character everybody knows? Like Link from the legend of ZElda for instance.
Back to top Go down
http://stormforums.friendhood.net

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:50 pm

Answer #1: You can post it here Very Happy
Answer #2: It just has to be real... like... err... one that's not that well known even. It can be a non- or popular character. For instance, the Pwer Puff Girls are non-popular... just as long as its real. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 8:29 pm

k thx!
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Ruler of Creation and Destruction
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Number of posts : 5109
Location : In Kropiecta talkin' to you all, where else would I be?
Activities : Main Admin
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:59 am

K, I'll start! A story about... well, u know who! cat Note: A couple spoilers for book! It is a line that will be in the story.

I can't believe that everything that's happened to me in the past was real. It has been hard for others to accept me because of what I was. But, I'm not like that anymore, and yet nobody trusts me. I guess when you're the apprentice of a pure evil Shapeshifter for twelve years, no one will want to ever even see you again. I have changed, I promise you. I am no longer working for the one who caused all of this chaos. However, some still believe that I still work for the Devil himself. As I sat in the Plikpling Tree, my home, I thouhgt of these things. And so many questions I have are left still unaswered. Will I be Cyrus's apprentice again? Will he come looking for me? And what is my destiny? Am a destroyer, or a protector? And, most important of all, who am I living this miserable life for?
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:31 am

Okay! i have mine finished (sorry, i made it as short as i could)
...i don't have a title yet, so...any suggestions are welcome.
*Beginning*
All of this started on just any typical day. It was Thanksgiving Break, my brother was playing his videogames, Dad was at work, and Mom was watching T.V. in the other room. The phone that rang was what started it all, disrupting what will soon used to be my normal life. It was Dad once Mom answered it, apparently with good news. His lunch break job interview had gone well; he can quit his job and start whenever he was ready.
Where was I? I was in my room, listening to the sweet bliss of classic rock-n-roll and reading an enticing book, totally unaware that I was about to leave my school, my home, and my friends.
But I never suspected was that my life would never be the same again.
So here we are now, riding in the back of our ancient mini-van among a thousands boxes, my brother Aaron still playing his videogames and me still listening to rock while reading. I wasn’t too happy with my parents, making me practically give up my friends for Dad’s new job, but what can you do? At least I still have Internet and e-mail. And a cell phone, though I never use it. I’m not much of a phone talker.
Looking back now, I kind of wish I could have spent more time with them, maybe get a little more open. Because I very well might never see them again.

“So Alena, what is it you would like to take?”
Here I am now, sitting at the secretary’s desk in my new school, getting enrolled. Mom decided to take me during the afternoon, while everyone is in lunch brake. The place is so big and chock-full of students I wonder if they’ll be able to fit me in.
I studied the courses and electives. Civics, health, oral comm., Algebra I, and English I were already a given. The first three because I want them out of the way freshman year.
“Um… how about Art, Ceramics, and Physical Science?” I suggested.
“Ah, the artsy type? Alright.” She wrote them down. “Physics will switch off to Chemistry at the end of the semester. Is that alright?”
“Sure,” I shrugged.
She scribbled again. “You still need one more half semester class.”
I glanced along the list, looking for anything.
“How about P.E.?” Mom inclined. “You only need half a credit, so you can get it out of the way.
“Okay, P.E then.” Man, that sucks. I’m terrible in P.E. Sure, I like to run really fast and push myself to my limits, but not while everyone is watching. Even if they are doing the same thing with me.
“Alrighty then! Welcome to Crelic High! We’ll see you tomorrow!”

Next day already. Yeah, I know. It sucks. Especially since it’s raining today. The weather report this morning said it’s supposed to clear up later on, but what do they know? Oh well. I’ve got my schedule now, only I don’t know where the heck anything is!
Hmm…the secretary who game me the schedule told me to go to room 2031, since that would be my first class, but I’ve no clue which way that is.
Amidst my ponderings, I suddenly realized that all my things were thrown from my hands.
“Oops! Sorry, my fault!” said the person who was the cause of the spill.
“It’s okay,” I muttered, reaching down for my textbook.
“Here, let me help—” He reached down at the same time and we collided heads.
“Ow…” I sat back, rubbing the lump forming on the top of my head.
“Sorry,” he said again, doing the same. That was when I actually saw him (I know, I’m terrible, right?). He was tall and lean, and kind of handsome I’ll admit. He wore a forest green shirt and a dark jean jacket, holding a skateboard under one arm. His hair hung long and dark blond in a kind of wild-yet-tame look, with the back pulled back in a short-stubbed ponytail. His eyes were a shocking blue.
“Here, sorry.” He helped me to my feet and handed me my book. Then he started to leave.
“Hey, wait!” I called. He stopped and looked back.
“Can you tell me where I can find room 2031?”
He smiled. “Upstairs, second floor, farthest right hallway. Follow the numbers and you’ll find it.”
I re-gathered my stuff and prepared to run to class. “Thank you!” I called. But he wasn’t there anymore.
“Huh.”
The warning bell rang.
“Oh crap!” I ran for it.

“Are you the new student? Welcome to Crelic High!”
“Um, thanks,” I said.
Mrs. Norris, my new English teacher, smiled sweetly. “Okay, just give me a second to add you to the roster.” She clicked on the computer screen and typed in my name. The she clicked another button. “Okay! I believe there is an open seat over there under the window. Um… since we’re already in the middle of a lesson, you wont have to do any homework until we start a new session. But I will be expecting an essay telling about yourself.”
“Okay,” I responded, and made my way to my seat in the corner. By the window.
It was an empty desk next to an empty desk in a pretty lonesome corner. I almost smiled. I work better alone.
As I sat down and unloaded my things onto the desk, the door opened.
“Link, you’re tardy again?!”
I looked up like everyone else did, and saw the same boy who bumped into me earlier this morning walking over to the teacher’s desk with a tardy slip.
“Sorry, Mrs. Norris,” he said. “Got held up in the bathroom.”
Mrs. Norris sighed. “It seems you’re always held up in the bathroom.” She disappointedly bade him to his seat. “Just remember, five tardies get you detention. You’re only two away.”
He shrugged her off and made his way to his seat. His step faltered, though, when he spotted me.
“Hey! You’re from earlier!”
He grinned and sat down. Next to me.
“So you’re the new student?” he asked.
“Yeah,” I shrugged. “Alena Senteen.”
“Nice name,” he commented. “I’m Link. I would say, ‘Welcome to Crelic High!’ but I’m sure you’ve had enough of that already.”
“Is everyone always this overly welcoming?” I asked, making casual conversation. Hey, he’s the first person to talk to me, so I make do with what I got.
Link laughed. “Yeah. It’s really cheesy, isn’t it?”
“Alright class, settle down and take out your homework and turn to page 232.”
There were a few quiet groans and a lot of papers rustling. Next to me Link somehow had gotten everything out before the teacher even finished. Wow, and I thought he was the slacker type.
Mrs. Norris began going over the homework. Since I hadn’t done it, it was extremely boring, sitting there waiting. I hadn’t planned anything to keep me busy should I find extra time; I figured my day was going to be chaotic enough. Link saw my boredom and began making fun of it. He was trying to make me laugh. And it was working.
Mrs. Norris turned around at the sound of my giggles. “Is something funny?”
“No ma’am, sorry,” I said, reining in my composure.
The teacher went back to explaining. Link cupped his hand over his mouth and whispered to me, “Welcome to Crelic High.”

Yay! It’s lunch break! I can’t wait to sit down and eat, catch up with my friends, talk about random stuff—oh, wait. I’m not in Calla Vista High anymore. My friends are miles away.
Sigh. Hurray. It’s lunch break.
Mom packed my lunch for me today, so I don’t have to suffer the lunch line. This time. The only problem is, now that I have food, I don’t know where to sit. The first table I tried turned out to be a table already taken over by a clique (and a very scary one) and the second and third became crowded with people I really would rather not be anywhere near. Since it became evident that I couldn’t really sit anywhere, I decided to park it underneath the stairs.
It was interesting, though, watching everyone from my spot. People past me without taking a second glance, nobody noticed the girl sitting all by herself. It was like looking through a one-way mirror; I could see everyone, but no one saw me. Lonely, but interesting.
Two students walked by, sophomores by the look, arguing back and forth. They almost looked like twins, except one was half the size of the other.
“I’m telling you, Mario. You put those pipes in the wrong order! It’ll never work!”
“Aw, shut up, Luigi! I know what I’m doing!”
They walked farther away, past the point where I could here them. They seem familiar…
I shook my head. Weirdoes.

The last class I had for today was gym, only I don’t have my gym clothes. I wonder if I’ll still have to do whatever it is they’re doing? Hopefully not.
I walked in and sat in the bleachers with the other students (After straightening things out with the coach) and waited for the bell. Barely a second before the bell rang, the gym doors open and Link walks through the door. Talk about déjà vu.
His surprise was obvious. “Okay, now that’s just plain weird,” he said.
“Not as much as you standing there,” the coach barked. “Hurry up, take your seat!”
Link quickly made his way to the back row, all the while watching me curiously. I did my best to ignore it.
“All right class! Today we’ll be playing dodge ball.” There were a few hoots at this. “Next class period you won’t need to dress out, seeing as we’ll be starting the skating trip. For the next two weeks we’ll be skating, except on Fridays, so don’t bring your clothes. Does anyone have any questions about the schedule for the next two weeks?”
There were none.
“Alright! Choose your team captains!”
Link and another kid was chosen. The long process of choosing members issued forth, and then everyone went to their sides of the gym. I was chosen last, of course.
The coach raised his hands, signaling everyone to get ready. “Head shots DO count! Hit a basketball rim and everyone comes back in. If I find anyone cheating or not playing, they’ll have fifty pushups.”
Right then and there I vowed to do my best.
“There are no boundaries. Ready…Go!”
Immediately everyone was in a frenzy to get the bright orange nerf balls first and fling them into the air. Dodge balls whizzed past my head, hitting people around me left and right. Without actually realizing it I had ducked and ran to the back of the line.
Dodge ball was probably my best sport. My reaction to the game should give an idea how terrible I am at sports.
Our team members were quickly diminishing, and I could see why. The other team’s team captain, Link, was a straight shooter; pretty much everyone he aims for is hit and out. (I say pretty much because no one is that perfect of a shooter and half the time I had my head down).
Way too soon I became one of the last standing on the field. I had a ball in my hand, so did the others left (which were all boys, I might add), and they other team had only five people out. Maybe I could make a break and hit rim? Probably not.
I saw Link rear back, ready to throw at the guy on my far right, across the room. Though I knew I was safe from his shot, something suddenly seized my muscles and told me to dodge and duck now. I involuntarily did, and saw a bright orange ball go whizzing through the space where my head used to be.
Link was now empty handed, staring at me dumbfounded. I took the moment to throw the ball I had in my hands, which he dodged easily, and then got hit in the shoulder by another ball. Happily I left the field as the game resumed.
At the “dead” zone, I finally noticed that everyone who was not on the field was staring at me.
I tried not to blush. “What?”
One of the boys came up to me. “How the heck did you do that?”
I gave a start. “Huh? Do what?”
Another guy came up. “No one can dodge Link’s attacks. He’s like a legend. How did you do that?”
“Umm, I ducked?” I made it seem like the simplest thing, but inside I was astonished. Was that a fluke? Or did something really seize me to make me dodge? I really hoped it was just a fluke. One thing I didn’t want was something possessing me.
Our team lost of course, and the coach started a new game. This time around I tried to get out as quickly as possible without making seem like I was giving up.
In other words, I threw at the people who can catch.
Finally class ended, and the school day was over. What a weird day. I thought it would never end.
I pulled out my phone to turn it one (because I was a good girl to keep it off during school hours) and checked my messages. There was one from Mom.
“Hey, sweetie! It’s Mom. My boss is holding me back longer than I expected at work, so I probably won’t be there until 4:30. If you can’t hang out around school, call Dad and he’ll come pick you up. Love you, bye.”
I hung up the voicemail. “Great. Now what do I do for the next hour?”
The only thing I could think of was wandering around. I hadn’t been to my locker yet, so maybe I should go find it. I pulled out my neon blue IPOD and put one earphone in. Last I left off I was listening to Greenday. I like Greenday.
Lugging my bag with me, I slowly made my way up to the stairs, humming to the song “Jesus of Suburbia” and looking for my locker number.
“Let’s see…these are in the 3100s, and my locker is…1903.”
And back downstairs I went.
P

Last edited by Dreyden Istalri on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:33 am

*had to divide it, this is the next part*

After a few rounds of running up and down the near empty halls I finally found the number. It was red, just like every other locker in this gi-normous school, and exactly the same as all the others; too small.
Eventually after that my wandering feet took me outside, and I actually broke from my zoned-outness. I stared at the sky. Since when did it get so dark?
A gust of wind blew against my skin, and I shivered. Or so cold?
‘I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known…’
I pulled out my phone, humming to the new song. It was barely 3:50; it shouldn’t be anywhere near this dark. Either I was going crazy or we’re having some weird weather.
I put my phone and my IPOD back in my pocket, and spun around. Something had moved, I know it.
A little white light hung in the air across the street at the North building (a place I have yet to visit). I should have been scared, and I kind of was, but curiosity got the better of me, and I crossed to see what it was.
The closer I got, the more it began to look like a lantern hanging in mid air. A chill ran down my spine. Yet I stupidly followed it, getting closing.
At the moment, I seriously wondered if I had lost it and gone crazy. No one in his or her right mind would go near something that looks even remotely supernatural. In fact, I’m always criticizing movies for the stupid obvious mistakes characters make. Yet here I was, practically feet away from the glowing orb-slash-lantern.
Then suddenly a demonic ghost poofed up from the lantern, let out a blood-curdling shriek, and swung a bongo-sized scythe at me.
I couldn’t help it. You’d do it, too. I screamed and ran for my life.
Of course the thing chased me. Whether it was a figment of my imagination or real, it was going to chase me. But, if I really was going crazy, I couldn’t think of anything that could whisk it away (who in my place could have?). I didn’t think; I just ran, ran until my lungs were on fire.
The thing suddenly just appeared out of nowhere in front of me and swung again, aiming for my head. Once again I had the sudden urge to duck and dodge, like something just seized my body and forced it to move, only now I happily obliged. Whatever it is was saving my life. But I guess I didn’t move fast enough, because the blade clipped me in the shoulder.
Excruciating pain suddenly tore through my arm, knocking me to my knees. I dropped all my stuff (which I was surprised I was still carrying) and gripped my shoulder. Something warm and wet stuck to my hand, and I pulled it away. Blood. Lots of blood.
This was no figment of my imagination. This was real pain, real blood.
This was real.
The ghost hovered inches before my face, grinning evilly. Black, void eyes sucked me in, freezing me in place. Bits and pieces of me felt like they were shattering. It reached out it skeleton hand, slowly moving towards my heart.
Come on, Alena, move! I tried to break from its paralysis, to twitch a finger, something. Its hand was almost touching me now. Move, dang it! Please! My breath failed me and my heart pounded harder, as if it knew this was the end and was trying to get in the last few beats it had.
Suddenly the ghost thing looked up past my head in a tremor. It backed up, and then over my head came somebody in a blur of green and blue, yelling like a maniac, and slashed at the thing with…a sword? What the—?
The thing left a white trail as the blade sliced through, then disappeared completely. The person stood there staring at the air for a moment, then turned.
A sob escaped past my lips. My heart beat still harder. I was alive. The thing didn’t touch or do whatever it was doing to me. I swallowed, trying to regain some control. I was falling apart. This was going to give me nightmares. I just know it.
“…Alena?”
I looked up, and instantly recognized just whom my hero was. It was the person who seemed to have appeared everywhere I was today, and was now kneeling over me with concern and surprise.
“Hey, are you okay?” Link asked.
“No I am NOT okay! What the heck was that thing?! And where the heck did you get that sword?!”
He gave a start and gripped the hilt a little tighter, raising it. The blade was practically glowing with light. “You can see this?”
“Of course I can see it! Why wouldn’t I be able to see it?!” I flinched, a sharp jab of pain running through my shoulder. It hurts…
Link was down next to me in a flash, examining the bleeding gash anxiously. “Did it hit you?”
I blinked. “Huh?”
“Did the scythe cause this wound?” he asked slowly and firmly.
“Yeah…” His tone scared me. Is it really that serious?
He cursed. “Come with me, and try to move as little as possible.”
“Wait, wha—?” I barely finished protesting before he had me in his arms, bags and all.
Link carried me across the parking lot up to a black and blue motorcycle.
“Whoa, wait! I’m not exactly for the whole kidnapping thing!” I started to struggle, hoping to break free.
“Stop. I can’t tend that injury here with what I have now, so I’m taking you to a place where I can.”
“Well, will you at least tell me what the heck that thing was?!”
He didn’t look at me. “It was a Poe, a type of spirit that tears your soul to pieces.”
I shivered. That is serious…if I haven’t really gone crazy.
My limbs suddenly began burning and going numb at the same time, like someone cutting them away from my body. I whimpered.
“What’s wrong?” he asked, alarmed.
“It burns…” was all I was able to say. He stiffened, and then hopped onto the motorcycle without hesitation, holding me on his lap.
“Um, this isn’t safe.” I don’t know why I said that. It was so stupid.
“You’re about to lose all control over you limbs. This is the only way to keep you from falling off.” He put the helmet over my head and started the bike. “Keep your arms around my neck and don’t let go.”
I raised my burning arms up and around his neck, feeling very awkward. I’ve never even been this close to a boy, and here I was, practically hanging off him.
Link hit the gas. “Hang on.”
The motorcycle jumped forward, jostling me. “Whoa!” My arms tightened, I pulled myself closer to him; I’ve never been on a motorcycle either, and the feeling of falling was ever present. I didn’t dare look ahead; I could feel how fast he was going, and it was too fast.
“Um, Alena?” Link called over the wind. “Could you loosen your hold? You’re choking me.”
“Sorry,” I mumbled and loosened them the best I could.
I don’t know how long we were on the bike. All I knew is it felt like eternity. My veins seemed to have turned to molten lava. Like a giant blister covering my whole body. I was in so much pain, I didn’t even notice the motorcycle had stopped and Link was rushing me into a building.
Then suddenly the burning started receding. Feeling came back into my limbs. I could feel hands rubbing my arms, helping the blood flow.
“Ouch…” Little prickles danced in my fingertips and toes. Even though it hurt, it was a welcoming pain after the burn.
“Alena, can you hear me?” Link’s voice. He saved me?
“Yeah,” I said, and opened my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:34 am

*and again, sorry*

I was in what looked like a medical room, with Link standing over me, massaging my arms (which had turned purple) and watching me carefully. I tried to sit up, but he took one hand off and pressed it gently against my chest.
“Don’t try to move just yet,” he said calmly. “Give the elixir a moment to piece your soul back together.”
We waited a few minutes as the pain slowly ebbed away, bit by bit, until I could feel every part of myself again…including the syringe sticking out of my shoulder.
And I really felt it when he pulled it out.
Link quickly wrapped my shoulder, pulling the bandage taunt to stop the bleeding. Once done he let me sit up. I rubbed the bandage gently.
“What did you put in me?”
He tossed the needle aside. “If I told you the name, you wouldn’t recognize it. It’s a medicine that works against the poison in a Poe’s blade. If I hadn’t treated you with this stuff, you would have literally imploded from the shattering pieces of your soul. Pretty much, this stuff was the only thing that saved your life.”
Okaaay… “So, if I were to take a drug test they wouldn’t find me dangerously high, would they?”
He laughed, and I mean really laughed. It wasn’t quite hysterics; more like “Hey, you made a clever funny” laugh.
“Asking questions like that when you were on the brink of destruction,” he grinned. “You really are something.”
I shrugged. “Hey, for all I know I’ve completely lost it and am imagining everything.”
He nodded. Twice. “Maybe it’s better if you go on thinking that. Can you stand?”
I swung my legs out over the side. “I think so.” He held out his hand, but I ignored it. I slid off, wobbly a little bit at first but under complete control. Legs still work.
“Good. Now come with me.” He grabbed my wrist and proceeded through a partly opened door, which led to a hall, which led to another door, this one far fancier and a little more…weird vibe feeling.
“Umm…where are we and why do I need to come with you?”
He didn’t answer.
A few scary thoughts ran through my mind, but it didn’t feel like any of them. I mean, if he was trying to do that, I would be able to know when something was up. Something was up, but it was a different something.
We passed through the door, and were surrounded by…my schoolmates, and a few I didn’t recognize. Freshman, juniors, seniors…I know it was only my first day, but I remember seeing a lot of these faces.
A boy dressed in what looked almost like a knight’s casual attire met Link with a forearm shake. “Hey, Link! About time! We were beginning to think you weren’t coming!” I think he was a junior at school. He jabbed a finger in his chest. “What was it this time? Fall off that skateboard of yours?”
“Hey, calm down, Roy. I have a really good excuse this time.” He motioned my way, and I suddenly felt really small.
The person looked from Link to me, and then back again. “Link…what’s this about? She’s not…you haven’t…?”
Link shook his head. “I don’t think she’s figured it out yet. But…I’ll explain in the meeting.”
Roy gave a start. “You called a meeting?”
Feeling lost and totally confused, I let Link lead me to something that felt like a parliamentary congregation (wow, I just used really big words). Everyone else was gathering around, and I was brought to the very center. They all looked at us and began muttering furiously. I suddenly wished the floor would just open up and swallow me whole.
Then, breaking from the crowd and approaching us with such an air of royalty that I literally wanted to fall to my knees, was probably the closest person I’ll ever see to a modern day princess (or queen, she could be either). She moved with such grace, such beauty I was overwhelmed. I lowered my gaze, out of both respect and humility.
Link smiled and bowed his head, saying, “What’s up, Princess?”
I nearly fell to the floor. What’s up, Princess?! What kind of greeting is that!?
She looked only once at me, then sighed. “Link, what have you done this time?”
He straightened up, now serious. “Alena is soon to be explained.” Then he addressed the entire committee. “The reason I called this meeting is because of the sudden appearances of spirits in the area, particularly around Crelic High. In fact there was a Poe in the parking lot just outside the North Building.”
“Well, that explains why you were late to your own meeting,” someone from the crowd called. “But why is a mundane girl here, as you are speaking about these matters?”
Still no clue what the heck is going on.
“I’m getting there, I’m getting there. In fact I’m already there. This girl was attacked before I could make it in time.”
Suddenly there were furious whispering and mutterings, and many almost pitying glances at me.
Link looked irritated. “Jeez, people, I’ve already treated her! Lucky for her it was a minor graze.”
“That explains why you brought her here,” the Princess continued, “but not why she’s still here.”
“She’s here because,” Link stuck his arm out, holding his hand in the air as dazzling lights danced and forms a shape around his hand, until he was clutching the brilliant blue-hilted sword he used to get rid of that poe-thing. “She is able to see this.”
The Princess looked at me, and I stupidly pointed at Link. “H-how’d you do that?!”
He ignored me as the Princess looked back at Link in surprise. All around everyone was staring in disbelief.
“She can see us, Zelda,” he said, and raised the sword so that the blade rested before his face. The air suddenly changed, and a small gust blew around Link.
Something else had suddenly lit up inside my head like a solar flame. It was the name, Zelda. Princess Zelda. The Legend of Zelda.
No way.
I looked towards Link, and my mouth dropped. He now wore a green medieval tunic and that tell-tale hat, still clutching the sword. A shield and quiver of arrows hung from his back.
The Legend of Zelda. Link.
“No…” I whispered. “No freakin’ way! You’re-?”
“Now she gets it,” he muttered, and took a slight bow. “Hero of Time, in the flesh.”
“Th-then you’re—” I pointed to Zeldaa, but she was glaring at Link. I fell to the ground into a sitting position, alarming everyone, even myself. My legs felt like jelly. This was too weird. “No way, this can’t be real. You’re just a stupid videogame!”
Both Link and Zelda, and a few others in the meeting, flinched.
“Uh, could you not call it stupid?” Link said.
“No way. Uhn uh. Not real. I’ve completely lost it.” My pulse jumped, beating at a million miles an hour and out of rhythm. “I’ve gone crazy. Yeah. I was drugged, so now I’m high and imagining everything here.”
Zelda suddenly jumped and frantically turned to Link. “How long ago did you give her the elixir?”
“Ten minutes ago…crap!” He suddenly realized something and was down by me in less than one of my rapid irregular heartbeats. “She’s hyperventilating! Get the doc!”
I didn’t notice any of this. I was still off in my ramblings.
I had to be imaging all of this. Videogame characters don’t just come to life and go to your school! They’re fictional, made up for children’s entertainment. Not hovering around me in a frantic hurry, checking my vital signs and attempting to bring my dangerously high heart rate down.
Yeah. Someone must have drugged me after school, so now I’m hallucinating.
But something occurred to me, something I wish wouldn’t have made itself heard. What about before school had ended, when I was at lunch? The two people who walked by me?
Mario and Luigi. The Mario bros. Why didn’t I see it before?
Because videogames characters weren’t real as of then.
“Alena? …that’s her name, right?… Alena, child, can you hear me?”
I opened my eyes, not realizing I had closed them. I felt strangely calm. “Eh? Am I dead?”
An old man stood over me, holding my wrist between his finger and thumb. “No, child you are not dead. She’s alright now.”
Someone helped me sit up, and I found maybe only half of the crowd standing around me.
“Eh? What happened?”
“You’re panic caused the elixir to unsettle.” Link appeared right beside me. “It boosted your heart rate, simulating a heart attack. It requires calm to completely settle, and time. I’m, sorry. That was my fault.”
Zelda nodded over to a girl younger than me. “It’s time, NaminĂ©.”
The girl came over to me and knelt down next to me. “You’re going to go to sleep for just a little bit, okay?” she said sweetly.
“W-what are you going to do to me?”
“We can’t let you remember this, for it will give are conspiracy away. We’re not meant to merge with the mundane world, only reside in it. You won’t remember any of this.”
“Wai—” The girl placed her hand on my forehead, then everything went blank.

Mom pulled up in the car, just as the song I was listening to was ending. I turned my IPOD off, gathered up my things, and dumped them all into the trunk. Once that was done I pulled into the front seat next to mom. (Yes, I do not have a car of my own.)
“So,” Mom said as the car pulled out of the school campus, “how was your first day?”
I thought about my day, meeting Link and all my teachers, hoping to make new friends, maybe find something extraordinary. Maybe I’ll actually get a boyfriend.
“It was alright.”

...to be extended...but not posted here because that would be too much stress.
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:39 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked (JK!)
Back to top Go down

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:21 pm

Woah!! DANG! That's a lot! But it's.... GOOD! loll
Back to top Go down
Dreyden Istalri
Celestian Leader
Dreyden Istalri

Male
Artist
Role Play Creator
Role Player

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:17 pm

Embarassed thx. i tried to keep it as short as possible, but i get carried away sometimes. the part i posted is actually longer.
Back to top Go down
Fiera de Muerte
Fiera de Muerte

Male
Admin
Top Poster
Role Play Creator
Role Player
Writing Club Member

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:59 am

U should make it an RPG! Looks good!
Back to top Go down

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:42 pm

Haha! It's fine! Smile

You should so totally do that!
Back to top Go down

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:52 am

The contest has officially closed and we have a winner! Smile

And the winner is... *drum roll*

Spoiler:

Congratulations! For winning, you will receive something (i just gotta find out what first loll)

Good luck next time Seth. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Writing Contest #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest #1   Writing Contest #1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing Contest #1
Page 1 of 1